This is an analysis of the poem The Glove Of The Live Lady. that begins with:
Her glove! It was rare Ben who sung it,
That best of gloves of the lady dead!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccddeaeaee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 010111110 110100101 010111110 01010101 101010111 100101111 010100010 111111010 110101010 101101110 110101010 1111010010 111101110 010101110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 525
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, her are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines for is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Glove Of The Live Lady.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.