This is an analysis of the poem Here's A Health To Them That's Awa that begins with:
Here's a health to them that's awa,
Here's a health to them that's awa... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXabab XXXXXcdc XXXXeded XXXXdfdf XXXXXede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100110 10100110 1110111011 11011011 01001011 01001011 0100110001 11101101 10100110 10100110 10101001101 1010101 11001101 110010110 11011001101 110110010 10100110 10100110 1010100101 11101101 11001111 11000111 11101101101 11101101 10100110 1100110 1010110111110 01001001 11011101 11101101 11111101111 01001101 10100110 10100110 110101011 11101011 11111101 11111101 111011101 11101001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 326
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and, it's, guid, here's, health, may, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words here's, it's, may, and are repeated.
The author used the same word here's at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines awa is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Here's A Health To Them That's Awa;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.