This is an analysis of the poem Lost Leader, The that begins with:
Just for a handful of silver he left us,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcbcXdbdXababefe X bgXggXedbfcfXfbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,1,16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11011010111 1101001001 10110110011 1101011101 10010111110 1111111001 11110111010 1011001101 1111111011001 1001101001 1011010110 1111001101 1110110111 11000111011 10110011011 1011001101 1 11110011010 1110011001 1001111010 1101101101 11011011111 11101111110 111010110110 11101110101 110111101101 1101101011 11111010011 1011001001 111111111100 1011111001 111010110111 1001001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 389
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, him, us, one, more, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words just, he, one are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lost Leader, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.