This is an analysis of the poem A Barred Owl that begins with:
The warping night air having brought the boom
Of an owl's voice into her darkened room,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXX ccddXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101110101 0111000101 11010011111 1111000101 1001010100 10111011101110 1111110101 1101010101 1101110111 11001010101 1100111001 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 271
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Barred Owl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.