This is an analysis of the poem Gratiana Dancing that begins with:
SHE beat the happy pavement--
By such a star made firmament, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbbX aacXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 11011100 11110110 111101010 100101010 10010100 11110101 10010111 100011011 11011101 11111101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gratiana Dancing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.