This is an analysis of the poem How Did You Meet Your Wife? that begins with:
Swimming the English Channel,
struggling to make it to Calais,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXbcabXXXXX Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1001010 100010001 1100101101 110111 1101111 1100110 110101001 111010011 10111011 100010010 101101010 110101110 111100110000 11101101101110 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of How Did You Meet Your Wife?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Richard Jones
- Analysis of What Do You Do About Dry Periods In Your Writing?
- Analysis of Sacrifices
- Analysis of The Road