This is an analysis of the poem Against The Dispraisers Of Poetry that begins with:
Chaucer is dead; and Gower lies in grave;
The Earl of Surrey long ago is gone; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcbdcdcee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001110101 0101010101 1101010101 11010111001 1111011101 11001111111 1101110101 1101110001 1111001100 1100100100 1111110100 1111000101 01011100010 10100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 604
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Against The Dispraisers Of Poetry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.