This is an analysis of the poem A Vingt Ans that begins with:
À vingt ans on a l'oeil difficile et très fier :
On ne regarde pas la première venue,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX XXXa XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11101100111 11110111010 1111111101 1110100111 111101100010 00110011110 110111001 111110111 1111110110100 111101101010 1111101010 1111001110110 111001111101010 11011111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; on, plus are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Vingt Ans;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.