This is an analysis of the poem Skin Of Light that begins with:
The skin of light enveloping this world lacks depth and I can actually see the black night of all these
similar bodies beneath the trembling veil...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010100011111110001011011 1001001010011101100011100100 11010111010101000101101010 100111110111011111111110100 011010101011010011001011101 00011001110101111110101 1101101110100101110111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 688
- Average number of words per stanza: 140
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 97 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 20
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, i, night, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Skin Of Light;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.