This is an analysis of the poem La Cygalle that begins with:
O que nous t'estimons heureuse,
Gentille Cygale amoureuse, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010 1010100 11011111 10110011 0111010 1011010 1101111 10011111 11100110 11100101 010111100 11111110 10011010 1111100 111011 11001 1111110 10011110 10010110 11101111 1111111 11010 11111100 10110 1101101 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 196
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tout is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word tout is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines e is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Cygalle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.