This is an analysis of the poem Reverie: The Orchard On The Slope that begins with:
Thin ridges of land unploughed
Along the tree-rows... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabXX XcXXbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001100 01011 1001110 11 11010 1101 1110110 0010 100101100 100 1010101 11110 1101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 104
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Reverie: The Orchard On The Slope;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.