This is an analysis of the poem Allez Boire, Pauvres Ivrognes that begins with:
On assure que l’on a vu
Partir les dernières cigognes,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXXX XXXX XXXb XcbX XcdX dXXX AXXX XXeX XXXX edXX AXXX aXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111011 101100100 100110110 10110100 11110110 1101011 110101 110011 111101010 11101100 1111110 11110011 11101100 1111011 0100111 11101101 10101110 1111111 11100111 111110 1111101 10100100 1110010 11111100 10111011 101100100 100110110 10110100 1110110 101111100 110101 110110100 1110110 111101100 11010 111101110 1110101 1111111 10110110 101110 10111011 101100100 100110110 10110100 1010111 111100011 111110 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; votre, vous, l are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word allez is repeated.
The author used the same word que at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Allez Boire, Pauvres Ivrognes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.