This is an analysis of the poem The Amulet that begins with:
Your picture smiles as first it smiled,
The ring you gave is still the same,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Xcac XdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011101 01110101 11011101 110101 111100 11010001 111111001 11111111 01110111 1101010 11110111 1001010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Amulet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.