This is an analysis of the poem Heroism that begins with:
Ruby wine is drunk by knaves,
Sugar spends to fatten slaves,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbbccaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 1010101 1111110 10111010 1010101 1010101 01001111 1001111 1000111 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 329
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Heroism;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.