This is an analysis of the poem Rememberance that begins with:
And you wait, keep waiting for that one thing
which would infinitely enrich your life:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdb dcXde cXed Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1111101111 1110000111 0100010010 001000101 111011010 001110011 011001101 111011110 010101001 111011011 1010110010 1101101111 0100101101 00110111 0101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, in, and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rememberance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Rainer Maria Rilke
- Analysis of The Sonnets To Orpheus: Book 2: Xiii
- Analysis of Night (O You Whose Countenance)
- Analysis of Eve