This is an analysis of the poem At The Brink Of Night that begins with:
My room and this distance,
awake upon the darkening land,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbca daddcaeXdXeXdXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 010101001 111101 1011 10100 1100110 1010010 110101 1010011010 1001 1101 1100101 10101101 11101001 0101 1101101101 0001100 011101 110 010 1
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Brink Of Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.