This is an analysis of the poem Conchita that begins with:
Adeus aos filtros da mulher bonita;
A esse rosto espanhol, pulcro e moreno; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXXXXaXXXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10110110010 0110100101010 111101011010 1110011100 10110111011100 01100111100 101111011010 1011110010 0101110111001 1110010010100 1010000101 0101100110 10110101100 101001111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 560
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; p, esses are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Conchita;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.