This is an analysis of the poem El Cuerpo Y El Alma that begins with:
Dijo el Cuerpo: Yo me toco
Y yo me oigo y gusto y veo, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101110 1111011111 11101111 1101111000 1011011111 101011010 111001000 010101110 0101100 1110011100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 288
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; y, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words y, de are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of El Cuerpo Y El Alma;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.