This is an analysis of the poem White Butterflies that begins with:
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbbb caca dede fefe gfgf fdfd eheh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11 01001111001011 01011011001001 01011101011001 11001001001011 01011001001001 01101011001011 01011001101001 010011010010001 11101011010010 10001011001011 110110111110110 10001111001001 11011001011101 01011011001011 11001011011111 11111001011001 110111001001001 11001101011001 111010011001011 01001101101100 01001001001101 011010010110010 01011001001101 010011110110010 11011001101001 11011011011001 11111011011001 10001001001011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of White Butterflies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.