This is an analysis of the poem Prayer that begins with:
If I should pray, my prayer would be
For gratitude unlimited :... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabbacca adeedffd Xgbbgffg Xhbbhggh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111110 11010100 11011111 10111101 11110111 00110101 110110101 11110111 11110101 11010101 010111010 010101010 11010111 11100111 01010111 11011101 11010101 01010101 11110101 11010101 11000101 11010111 00110111 01010111 11000101 11000111 11010011 100101011 01011101 11001101 01011001 110011111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 285
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prayer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.