This is an analysis of the poem Found Wanting that begins with:
I turn'd to you, the sky was amber gold,
Blue haze and flaming bracken stretched away... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaccbddebbecffcc gg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101011101 1111010101 01010100001 0101010101 1101010101 01001010101 0111011101 0101011011 0101111101 0101010101 1101110101 1101110101 0111010011 1101111111 10111100111 11010000101 111010101 1101111101 0101010111 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 301
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Found Wanting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.