This is an analysis of the poem The Gardener Xi: Come As You Are that begins with:
Come as you are; do not loiter over
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXbbcABDebfgcDeDhdXXfXDhGdcfgafGbABXXhbbAB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 43,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111010 110 011011100 010011011 0010011001 10111 1111111010 110 1011100 1 0011011 0100100101 011110011 1011111 1011100 1 11101100 1 1011100 1010111010 111001 010101011 0010 11101100 1 01111101 01011100 1 1111111 110101 1111110 111 01111101 011 1111111010 110 00101101 10011110 1100 010101010 01 1111111010 110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1233
- Average number of words per stanza: 230
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, not, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gardener Xi: Come As You Are;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Rabindranath Tagore
- Analysis of Lover's Gifts Xxxix: There Is A Looker-On
- Analysis of The Gardener Ix: When I Go Alone At Night
- Analysis of Stray Birds 1 - 10