This is an analysis of the poem Moment's Indulgence that begins with:
I ask for a moment's indulgence to sit by thy side. The works
that I have in hand I will finish afterwards. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX XX XX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110100100111101 111011010100 0100101111111110 11101110100100101 010101111100011101 011101100101001001 100101110101101 10100100101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Moment's Indulgence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Rabindranath Tagore
- Analysis of Sail Away
- Analysis of Signet Of Eternity
- Analysis of Lover's Gifts Xxii: I Shall Gladly Suffer