This is an analysis of the poem Lover's Gifts Iv: She Is Near To My Heart that begins with:
She is near to my heart as the meadow-flower to the earth; she is
sweet to me as sleep is to tired limbs. My love for her is my life...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 10101110111000110 10111001011110011 10001010100101100 01010011110111010 001110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 323
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 64 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lover's Gifts Iv: She Is Near To My Heart;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Rabindranath Tagore
- Analysis of Song Unsung
- Analysis of The Gardener Xxviii: Your Questioning Eyes
- Analysis of Lover's Gifts Lvi: The Evening Was Lonely