This is an analysis of the poem Free Love that begins with:
By all means they try to hold me secure who love me in this world.
But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX aa XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111101101111001 100101011101011 111011 110101101001101 1110110111111 0111101101111011 111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Free Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.