This is an analysis of the poem The Holy Water that begins with:
No one lives outside the walls of this sacred place, existence.
The holy water, I need it upon my eyes: it is you, dear, you – each form....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Ab cde ffc gb XhXi hjXeibjea kXX eggclc Xidee aeaX keh A lcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,3,2,4,9,3,6,5,4,3,1,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110100101010 0101011001110011111 11011010111101 101001111001001 00101111 1101010110111 10111111000 011011 10000111001001 11111111101 11110100011 1111101001 11011110010001 111101 111010011 011010110110 111011010 011010111010101 010010 111111110 1011010100 10 1001110 11110101001 110111101101110 11 01001110011 111111101 1110110100010100 111010101 01101110111110 10011 0101100100101000010 110 110010100101111 101001 11 1111010 11010100101 111011 101 101000100110101 101010010010011 1111011101011001 111110100101010 0101011110100 110111111 1010001 1
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word why is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Holy Water;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.