This is an analysis of the poem My God And My Lord that begins with:
Eyes are at rest, the stars are setting.
Hushed are the stirrings of birds in their nests,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX XXX Xa bba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,2,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101110 1101001011 0100010 11011111 01011101 00101101001 01011101110110 110100111011 11 11010100010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My God And My Lord;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.