This is an analysis of the poem Dream Fable that begins with:
I saw myself in a wide green garden, more beautiful than I could begin to understand. In this garden was a young girl. I said to her, "How...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a a X b X X accXaXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11110011101100111010101001010111100101000110 1011010110110011011 10101101101101111101110001001011011101110101111011111000100010101001 10101010100010111011110001010110101110101101011100111011111100111010101101111111110011001010100 10111111000111 10010100101010001101000100101111100 100111101111101 101111 1010011 10010001 1100101010011111 010100110 10101010 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 103 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 19
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i, in, her, we, girl, young, this, she, on, and, of, said, your, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dream Fable;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.