This is an analysis of the poem On Monsieur's Departure that begins with:
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXbb cacaaX bdbdaa X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 0,6,6,6,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111111001 1111110101 1111111101 1111110001 1111111111 1011010111 1101111001 10110111010 1111111111 01010111110 1111011011 1101010010 1101010011 1111110101 1011011101 1111110111 1111011110 1111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, or, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words , i, or are repeated.
The author used the same word at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On Monsieur's Departure;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.