This is an analysis of the poem Mads Og Mikkel that begins with:
Mads, jeg tror bestemt, du dratter...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXa XbXbX XXcXX XXX XXc XdXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,3,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 11110010 11111 11011110 10111 1 111101 1111101 1111101 111111 10 0111110 111111 1101110 111011 1 11111100 1010111 10 11110100 1110111 1 100011 1011011 101111 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word mads is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mads Og Mikkel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.