This is an analysis of the poem En Moder Med Sit Barn, Paa En Bænk that begins with:
Sov ind, mit søde Nusseben!
Stil dine Pusselanker....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXX bXXX XcXc bXXX dXdX XeXe XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111100 111000 1111101 11110 11011101 1000010 11001101 111101000 111111001 11010 111111 11001 010011 111111 1101111 111111 1101101 1111110 11011 111110 1101011 11111 11110111 110110 10001101 110111 11011101 11111 1111011 111100 1111110 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; er, s are repeated.
The author used the same word sov at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of En Moder Med Sit Barn, Paa En Bænk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.