This is an analysis of the poem Futuro that begins with:
Decid cuando yo muera... (¡y el día esté lejano!):
soberbio y desdeñoso, pródigo y turbulento,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,3,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011011101100 10011001011000 1110100111000 101010110 110011110011100 111000101001100 11010100111100 1110011101101010110 0101100100111100 1110100100111100 110111001101010 1111010100110 11010101101100 1100101011000 111110001110100 1010101101110110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; y, su, humilde are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word viento at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Futuro;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.