This is an analysis of the poem To The Moon that begins with:
Hide this one night thy crescent, kindly Moon;
So shall Endymion faithful prove, and rest ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXaccaddeffe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011110101 1110010111 10110000111 1111010100 1101110101 1101010111 1101010101 1100110011 11010101001 1111011101 1101111011 110100110010 01111011010 10111111001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 625
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.