This is an analysis of the poem On The Murder Of Lieutenant Jose Del Castillo that begins with:
When the Lieutenant of the Guardia de Asalto
heard the automatic go off, he turned...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXbaXXbcdefXggaXchXXeXaddfahdfbXec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 37,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010001000100 1010101111 110101101 01001101 011000101 0110100111 11001001 0101010010 1111110 1111111011 1011110 1101111001 10100111 010110011 01010111101 0101010 101100110 111000110 01100101000 010010111 1010101 11100111110 111001110 10101011 01000101 1101010111 0100100101 1110110 11010101 00111111110 11101001 101001101 001011001 11101001001 1101101111000 11110101 1111011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1376
- Average number of words per stanza: 257
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, his, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Murder Of Lieutenant Jose Del Castillo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Philip Levine
- Analysis of My Fathers, The Baltic
- Analysis of I Sing The Body Electric
- Analysis of M. Degas Teaches Art &Amp; Science At Durfee Intermediate School--Detroit, 1942