This is an analysis of the poem Heaven that begins with:
If you were twenty-seven
and had done time for beating ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccXabdXXabceffgcahacadcihccgjhcacjcghiiieXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 45,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 1111110 11111 111010 001011 1111110 0010101 1101100 1100100 01011001 01111 1010010 111110 01101010 110111 1110001 1110101 01111 011101 111110010 10111 11011 00110010 11011 1010110 1111 110110 1010101 1110010 111111 11011 111010 101110 0111110 100111 11111 01110 0101001 1110110 100101 1111001 10111 1110101 111001 1101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1220
- Average number of words per stanza: 236
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, he, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Heaven;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.