This is an analysis of the poem Terre D'Amour that begins with:
O mon pays de Bray picard, peuplé de haies
Quelle âme aromatique, irrésistible et douce...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1110101101 11100010011 101110110111 101111111010 11110110110 010110010110 11011111110 1111011010100 111111101100 110110101100 11011110110 11011110111 01010011100 111010111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 228
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, et, de, tes are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Terre D'Amour;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.