This is an analysis of the poem The Other, Too, Is You that begins with:
What once Earth to me presented
she's already asking back;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aaXa cbcX dede XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 1010101 10111110 1010111 10101110 0110101 11111010 1010011 10101110 0110011 11011010 1111111 11101110 1110101 10111010 1110101 1011111 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Other, Too, Is You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.