This is an analysis of the poem Solace that begins with:
When friends forsake and fortune in despite
Of Thy rich bounty strips me to the wind, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefefgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101110001 0111011001 01100111101 0101010111 0011111111 1110111111 1111111101 0101111100 1111111101 1111011110 1011011101 1111010111 1101000101 1001010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 609
- Average number of words per stanza: 121
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; not, that, they are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Solace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.