This is an analysis of the poem Parents Plea that begins with:
My little boy is eight years old,
He goes to school each day; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXada edcdeccc Xfefdaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 110111 11010111 110111 11011101 110101 11010101 1111111 11110100 110111 01110100 110101 11010100 110111 01110101 1111111 11110100 111101 11000100 110001 100100010 011101 11110101 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Parents Plea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.