This is an analysis of the poem Chokecherries that begins with:
Thirty feet from my windows,
an old kennel-wire fence...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXacXdec aafXgaaaadXhX XgdiXibg gXehaXXecbXe fXbeaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,13,8,12,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010110 1110101 1011001010 10101110 1010010 0001101010 1010110 110110 110 10101 101011001 1011111 1101000 100011 1001001 1111001 1010011 11011001 110110 110110 11100 0101010110 0101000 1010101 1011110 01001011 010001010 111011 010101 1111101 10101 101101 001010 1101101 110110 101011001 11110110 1111110 1101110 1111010 1101010 01101010 0 110011 11111 1101100 100010100 110101010 010110 01100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words each, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chokecherries;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.