This is an analysis of the poem Sangfuglene that begins with:
Dengang jeg var en lille,
En lillebitte En,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 11001 1111 111111 11111 11111 110110 110001 110110 111111 1100110 110111 111110 111101 11111 11011111 1100110 11111 1101110 11011 111101 111111 111110 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 191
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words jeg, og are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sangfuglene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Peter Faber
- Analysis of Højt Fra Træets Grønne Top
- Analysis of Den Tappre Landsoldat
- Analysis of I Går Jeg Fik Min Trøje