This is an analysis of the poem For Ret Os Paa Jorden At Fryde, that begins with:
For ret os paa Jorden at fryde,
vi skabtes til Frihed af Gud; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaaBcdX cB XXXXBXDX XB XaXaBXDX Xb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,8,2,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011 11011011 100111 1101001 1111 1111011 1111 1111111 10101001 11101111 1001101 10101011 1111001 111011 1111 11110111 1111 11011011 10101001 11101111 11011011 11011001 1110001 1111111 1111 0101101 1111 11001011 10101001 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; os is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of For Ret Os Paa Jorden At Fryde,;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Peter Andreas Heiberg
- Analysis of Mener Du, At Den Har Lykken Fat,
- Analysis of Marseillasen
- Analysis of Har Jeg Kuns En Lumpen Daler