This is an analysis of the poem To-- Oh! There Are Spirits Of The Air that begins with:
Dakrysi Dioisw Potmon Apotmon
Oh! there are spirits of the air,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ababcc bdbdee bfdfbb ghgebb iiiieh jbjbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100110100 11110001 11000101 11010111 11101111 11010001 1111011101 0101110001 11111101 01101001 11110101 11010111 1101011101 11110101 11010111 10011101 00111111 11111101 1111110101 110011111 10110100 01110111 01110101 110011101 11010011011 11010111 111111010 01000101 111111010 11110101 1100111100 011101010 01111111 110101010 11101001 01111101 1100111101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 201
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thou is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To-- Oh! There Are Spirits Of The Air;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.