This is an analysis of the poem The Fitful Alternations Of The Rain that begins with:
The fitful alternations of the rain,
When the chill wind, languid as with pain... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101000001 101110101 0011010111 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fitful Alternations Of The Rain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Analysis of Alas! This Is Not What I Thought Life Was
- Analysis of Feelings Of A Republican On The Fall Of Bonaparte
- Analysis of Death Is Here And Death Is There