This is an analysis of the poem Song: Rarely, Rarely, Comest Thou that begins with:
Rarely, rarely, comest thou,
Spirit of Delight!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBabcc cdcdbb efefgg hihicc XBbbdd jbjbch eheckk jcjcll
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 10001 10011111 100111 10010111 1111101 1110111 11101 0010101 11111 1011101 1111111 1010001 001001 1010101 100101 01111111 1011111 11111010 001010 11101110 111110 1010101 11011111 1111110 10001 0110111 10101 1010101 1010111 1111101 001001 1111111 10111 1010110 01011100 1110101 110100 1010110 01111 110011101 01111101 1111111 11111 1011101 10111 1111111 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 188
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thou, wilt, and, love are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words many, thou are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song: Rarely, Rarely, Comest Thou;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.