This is an analysis of the poem Passage Of The Apennines that begins with:
Listen, listen, Mary mine,
To the whisper of the Apennine,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdddeeXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 001000101 0110110101 110110101 10010111 1010100101 010100101 001010111 101011111 11110101 10111101 10101101001 10
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 457
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Passage Of The Apennines;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.