This is an analysis of the poem Fragment: Home that begins with:
Dear home, thou scene of earliest hopes and joys,
The least of which wronged Memory ever makes... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110100111 01011100101 100111100001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 3
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fragment: Home;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Analysis of Peter Bell The Third
- Analysis of On A Fete At Carlton House: Fragment
- Analysis of Similes For Two Political Characters Of 1819