This is an analysis of the poem Death that begins with:
They die--the dead return not--Misery... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcacddDD XefefbbDD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1101011100 11110111010 0101011101 11010101110 1111011111 1111110101 01010111 110101 1 10011011111 1110011101 1111101101 1011100101 110111111010 11111111010 01010111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 334
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word remain at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.