This is an analysis of the poem Buona Notte that begins with:
'Buona notte, buona notte!'--Come mai... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaab XXXXX XXXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1 101101011 111010101 11010111111 1111101111 1 1001010101 1110101000 110111010 10110101010 1 11101110 1100101100 1101101110 111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; notte, buona are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Buona Notte;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Analysis of Fragments Of An Unfinished Drama
- Analysis of Song. Translated From The Italian
- Analysis of Song. Sorrow