This is an analysis of the poem Poem that begins with:
Rest thus your head on my arm
that from your forehead to your lips my eye ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 1111111 1011001111 110101011 1111 111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.